Torna al sito

Hall II was established between 1886 and 1895 to contain Titian’s Assumption of the Virgin and other large-scale altarpieces. The Assumption was given back to the basilica dei Frari in 1919. In 1951, Carlo Scarpa renovated the room by replacing the polychrome marble floor with a dark Venetian terrazzo floor, but the room still maintains its vertically unbalanced feel. He also added a new internal staircase connecting the room to Hall III.